В Проекті «Адвокація та підвищення спроможності Уряду в сфері міграції» відкрита вакансія менеджера з комунікацій
The Right to Protection (R2P)
All-Ukrainian Charitable Foundation
29 March 2015
The Right to Protection (R2P) is seeking a Communications Manager who is to be responsible for advancing the R2P’s agenda aimed at promotion of respect to human rights in the field of migration and asylum in Ukraine and marketing of the organisations work through targeted innovative communications.
The Right to Protection (R2P) is a national charitable foundation working under auspicious of the Representative Office of HIAS in Ukraine (HIAS Kyiv), the only refugee-assisting international organization present in Ukraine. R2P in association with HIAS Kyiv runs several programs in Ukraine under an agreement with the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) aaaaddproviding protection and legal assistance to asylum seekers and refugees from around the world and monitoring the situation of internally displaced persons in Ukraine as well as advocating for policy change to ensure effective protection of the rights of individuals affected by internal displacement. In addition to that in cooperation with Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union R2P is running the “Advocacy and Government Capacity Building in Migration” Project funded by the European Union that is aimed at improving civil society capacity to promote reform in the area of migration and asylum and to enhance policy dialogue between public authorities and civil society organisations (CSOs) in this field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Communications Manager will work as a part-time consultant under overall guidance of the R2P Director with the direct supervision of the Advocacy and Government Capacity Building in Migration Project Manager. The Communications Manager is expected to lead the development of the R2P’s communication strategy, and communications/media policies, procedures and systems. The position is Project based and is expected to run for three months. The extension of the Communications Manager is however possible, subject to availability of funding. The incumbent is to be responsible for building and maintaining positive profile for R2P's work through effective outreach across external online and offline communication channels; delivering stories and communication events that reinforce R2P’s brand, while supporting existing communication channels and outlets. Duties and responsibilities of the Communications Manager are as follows:
- Develop and implement the communications strategy for R2P in line with the key thematic and value priorities of R2P's work, targeting key audiences to build R2P's profile and support its work.
- Lead and oversee digital strategy ensuring that “Advocacy and Government Capacity Building in Migration” Project website (www.migrants.org.ua) and Project’s Facebook page (http://on.fb.me/1GES9P7) are up to date and engaging. Establish and co-ordinate communication organisation's and specific projects' communications through social media.
- Coordinate R2P staff to ensure regular flow of information, compelling public and policy makers to sympathise with the migrants' human rights protection cause, delivered across various communications channels, that bring to life R2P's work, engage media and enhance online communications.
- Provide support to R2P's brand-raising efforts, build targeted media profile of R2P's work. Manage R2Ps communications calendar and engage in forward planning efforts.
- Lead communications for policy advocacy campaigns and events.
- Identify and build partnerships with media and creative agencies, CSOs and other organisations to support R2P's communications strategy and build the organisation's external profile.
- Oversee delivery and contribute to communication products, including reports, project profiles and news bulletins, fact-sheets, and publications, coordinate their production (design and printing) and distribution in line with specific project requirements and overall communications strategy.
- In cooperation with R2P Advocacy Experts contribute to strategic development and implementation of campaigns and advocacy initiatives related to R2P's strategic priorities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related subject;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- Proven success record in advocacy/ change communications;
- Experience of working with civil society organisations/initiatives or international environment is an asset as is experience of communications in support of policy advocacy and campaigns.
- Experience in design and delivery of successful communications strategies.
- Familiarity with a wide range of communication tools and approaches, their potential impact and their sustainability for CSOs.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, good computer and digital skills.
- Ukrainian at a native speaker level, good English.
- Ability to work as a part of a team and develop relationships with a wide range of audiences.
- Interest to human rights and migration issues.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com no latter then March 29, 2015. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.