Вакансія у ВБФ "Право на захист" - спеціаліст з розвитку
Terms of Reference
Legal Programmes Coordinator with further reference to Director
Area of Operation:
5 months with possible extension
All-Ukrainian Charitable Foundation “The Right to protection” (R2P) currently is seeking a Development Officer.
R2P in partnership with the international organization HIAS is specialised in legal assistance to asylum seekers, refugees, stateless persons, internally displaced persons (IDPs) and other vulnerable groups of people.
R2P implements several programs in the framework of cooperation with UNHCR and EU. The programs are targeted at protection of asylum seekers, refugees, stateless persons and IDPs and at advocacy of the migration and displacement legislation in Ukraine.
Development Officer’s Overall Objectives
The Development Officer, supervised by Legal Programmes Coordinator, is expected to give a substantial contribution to:
- Identification of donor opportunities, submission of project applications related to target groups protection activities, and creates a reservoir of project proposals for future use.
- Identification of new fundraising mechanisms. These may include corporate sponsorship, charity events, or other possibilities, and cooperation with complementary efforts by HIAS towards this same goal.
Position’s Specific Objectives
Furthermore, the Development Officer is expected to pursue the following objectives in his daily work:
- Submission of project proposals to open calls for proposals.
- Assess and organize local and international fundraising mechanism possibilities, in tandem with HIAS.
- Fostering of relationships with donors, potential donors, and partners.
- Formulation of a country programme development strategy for HIAS.
Responsibilities and Tasks
To achieve the overall and specific position’s objectives the Development Officer will perform the following tasks and undertake the following responsibilities:
- Assess the status quo and potential for fundraising for R2P in the next 5 months
- Devise a country programme development strategy to advise Director and HIAS.
- Keep abreast of open calls for proposals.
- Seek out new calls for proposals.
- Take the lead in writing project proposals.
- Assure the timely, accurate, and full submission of project proposals to open calls.
- Take the lead in the organization and implementation of events to realize alternative fundraising strategies.
- Inform and support implementing partners’ applications to calls for proposals for projects to complement R2P programmatic objectives.
- Support and guidance to Legal Programmes Coordinator vis-à-vis the maintenance of relationships with donors and partners, and the establishment of new strategic relationships.
- Advise Legal Programmes Coordinator on advancement of fundraising devices so as to better achieve programmatic objectives.
- Represent R2P at events, as requested.
Main results to be achieved at the end of the Employment Period
- Mapping of fundraising actions to be taken from September 2015.
- Project proposals submitted, for R2P and/or implementing partners.
- Supplementary project proposals available in case of call.
- New relationships established with partners/donors.
- Concrete actions taken for alternative fundraising mechanisms.
- Clear indications of fundraising and growth potential for R2P.
- Master’s degree in management and/or development and /or international relations required, advanced degree preferred
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian (both spoken and written).
- Minimum five years development and management experience in the field of international development, international assistance.
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with U.S. government, UN, private and multilateral donors
To apply send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
R2P IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND COMPLIES WITH ALL GOVERNMNETAL EMPLOYMENT LAWS.