Вакансія юриста з питань безгромадянства у ВБФ "Право на захист"
Position title: LAWYER
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Deadline for applications: 16-Nov-2015
All-Ukrainian Charitable Foundation “The Right to Protection” (R2P) in partnership with HIAS (an American non-governmental, not-for-profit organization), currently is seeking a full-time lawyer.
R2P/HIAS runs several programs in Ukraine under an agreement with the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and European Council (EU). The programs provide protection and legal assistance to asylum seekers, refugees and stateless persons in Ukraine. R2P/HIAS also contributes to building a humane asylum and migration management systems in Ukraine by training local judges, immigration and law-enforcement officials, and law students, and by developing legislative proposals and administrative regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analysis of existing legal regime concerning status of stateless persons in Ukraine and relevant to the risks of statelessness in light of international legal standards;
- Monitoring developments, drafting recommendations for improvement of national legal frameworks and related legislative proposals;
- Managing development of research methodology for the study on the situation of stateless persons in Ukraine;
- Legal counselling and representation for individuals identified as stateless or at risk of statelessness;
- Preparation of reports, including statistical information;
- Participation in meetings and conferences on behalf of R2P/HIAS.
- Mature judgment combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including acceptance of responsibility to ensure that organizational objectives, policies and requirements are met;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Capacity to transfer knowledge and motivate people and to build relationships with colleagues, partners, beneficiaries, government authorities and other stakeholders;
- Ability to work under continuous pressure and meet deadlines;
- Good analytical skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of work relevant work experience, including experience in legal counseling, representation, and court practice;
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian (both spoken and written);
- Excellent usage of computers and office software packages.
- An advocate license will be an advantage.
Send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses will be sent only to those individuals selected for interviews. No phone calls, please.