Leading From Within (Spain)
August 22- September 4, 2015
Leading from Within offers young people a unique opportunity to take time out to reflect on their lives, to think about what is important to them, what they want to do, where they want to go and how to get there. With the guidance of professional trainers and coaches you will:
- Deepen your self-understanding & interiority
- Discern your purpose in life and define your personal vision
- Prepare a plan of ‘action’ (set short and long term goals)
- Learn how to deal with setbacks, stay positive and manage stress
The 14-day programme is highly participatory and will include presentations, group discussions, personality tests, one-on-one coaching, and periods of reflection. The training component will be held in one location and followed by a 100-125 km walk on the Camino de Santiago Compostela. At the end of the programme and pilgrimage, participants will receive Altemus and Santiago Compostela Pilgrim’s certificates.
August 22-September 4, 2015
Who Can Apply
To be eligible for the training you must be:
a. 20-29 years old (at date of deadline for applications);
b. National and/ or legal resident of a developing country;
c. Fully proficient in English; and,
d. Healthy and capable of demanding physical activity – 20 to 25 km/day on flat or hilly terrain carrying a 10 kg backpack.
Leadership potential as demonstrated by the applicant’s:
- Contribution to his/her community, including volunteer service
- Personal commitment to self-development and social justice issues
- Openness to diversity
A committee comprised of 3 leadership experts, including an Altemus alumni, will independently rank candidates using blind copies of applications.
Expectations of Participants
Participants are expected to:
- Undertake preparatory readings in advance of the training
- Complete the entire programme
- Make a commitment post programme to support Altemus’ mission and help develop its alumni community
The tuition fee for Leading From Within is 250€. Many applicants selected for the programme in the past have been eligible for a bursary covering the tuition.
Altemus participants must cover, or find a sponsor to cover, their own food and lodging (40€/day) and travel expenses. Programme participants will be accommodated in a single bedroom (desk, shower and basin) and shared bathroom facilities.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must complete the online application form before July 1.